A person, man or woman, who espouses the classical liberalism tradition and therefore considers himself or herself a classical liberal has the following views:
- Human beings are understood as subjective,
- who use Aristotelian logic in a causal-realistic world,
- who are adorned with values that originated from the milieu of the interplay of ethics and religion,
- who recognize that law is to be discovered rather than created by fallible human minds,
- and who recognize justice as that which causes voluntary social cooperation to flourish.